- I could make comments on their work in real time while they were working on them
- students were focused and engaged
- they were building capacity/confidence in using digital tools
- students with writing difficulties would much rather use a keyboard instead of a pencil because their work will end up looking like the work of all the other students
- the ability to share their work instantly and provide others (e.g. parents) the ability to see their progress in real time and leave comments
|Image found at http://www.redcapcards.com/posts/congratulations-jon-klassen-plus-dark?page=1|
When we created the Visualization chart I was leading my students onto the learning journey but when they were working on drawing their mental images I was on the sidelines as their coach. As they were feverishly making their thinking visible, they were teaching and supporting each other.
Isn't that what we want our students to believe? I do.